Taiwan Premier kicks-off

Hsiang-Wei Lee after his winner on Sunday 

Football around the world is on lockdown but over in Taiwan with the country seemingly having the COVID virus under control started their Premier League season. Although there is no lockdown in Taiwan they remain concessions and are playing the early round of matches behind closed doors. 

Tatung 2 - 3 Taipower

The league in Taiwan kicked-off with all matches starting at 4pm local time. This meant that there was only one league match showing live and this is where we will start.

Here at From the Tofu Bowl, we looked to provide feedback live for this match but this did not go smoothly but hopefully people who did join in enjoyed the action. The match was streamed live on the CTFA YouTube channel and had 12,843 tune in which is a much great number than normal.

The match was live from the Taipei international stadium and the first half was not the most enthralling but a last-minute penalty meant Tatung went in ahead at the break. The goal came after some very odd defending and the foul itself for the penalty was soft indeed.

That did not bother the penalty take though as Ange Samuel the man from the Ivory Coast slotted the ball home sending the keeper the wrong way.

The second half started strongly and Taipower were the better side as they looked to get the ball down and pass despite the poor surface. Meanwhile, Tatung looked strong playing the ball over the top and praying on the poor backline from Taipower.

It was the away side though that drew level after a corner that hit bar bounced back and after a bit of head tennis found the head of Chao-An Chen for the player to slot home from close range.

At this point, Taipower looked in control of the match and on 74 minutes it was 2-1 as Hsiang-Wei Lee turned his man well on the edge of the box and slotted the ball home nicely.

Somehow the home side did get back into the game as Ben Amed Ou├ędraogo shrugged off the defenders to make his way into the box before laying it off for Shao-Yu Pai to slot home from six yards.

After this point, both teams looked to attack but with no real end product than in injury time after the Tatung defender kept the ball in when he should of let it go out. The impressive Hsiang-Wei Lee stepped up again to score and win the match for his side.

To make matters worse just moments earlier Onur Dogan dogan had a great chance for his side to win the match but put it straight at the keeper Taipower then showed their hosts how to win a match a minute later.

Hang Yuan FC 4 - 0 Red Lion

The match between Hang Yuan and Red Lion took place at Fu Jen University football stadium in New Taipei City.

This match saw a new man in midfield for the home side in the form of the Japanese player Atsushi Shimono who was wearing the number 25 and he helped bring a more organised look to the midfield.

The match took just 11 minutes to see it's the first goal as Yen-Shu Wu found Ching-Hsuan Chen as he scored from inside the penalty area.

Then just after the half-hour, Red Lions gave away a free kick on the edge of the box after a handball. It was a great chance then for the home side to go two ahead and they made no mistake as after providing an assist Yen-Shu Wu scored from the free-kick to put his side two ahead at the break.

Then with less than 60 minutes on the clock, it was 3-0 this time the goal came from Jung-Chueh Wu as the number 10 got himself on the scoresheet.

Before the end, it was then 4-0 as on 82 minutes Yu-Chieh Chou volleyed in the forth of the match to end a very convincing performance from the home side.

Ming Chuan University 2 - 4 Taiwan Steel 

This match saw Ming Chuan University a side with some impressive young talent host Taiwan Steel a club with a new forward line to frighten the league. The new attackers did not disappoint too with Marc Fenelus opening the scoring before a Benchy Estama brace helped Lo Chi-Chong's side to a 4-2 win over the home team.

This was a great start for Taiwan Steel who also have the countries, international goalkeeper, in the form of Pan Wen-Chieh.

This was to be a free-scoring match and after Marc Fenelus opened the scoring on 20 minutes the lead was doubled 15 minutes later through Mati Godoy Del Canto.

This came as Mati found the ball at his feet around 20 yards out and he took a shot that flew into the net.

Ming Chuan got right back into the game after this wondergoal though and the score was 2-1 within a couple of minutes. Aforementioned came as Po-Jui Chiu also scored from outside the penalty area to keep his side in the match at half time.

The top scorer from last season Benchy Estama came into his own as the Hati attacker picked up two second-half goals to put his side 4-1 up.  The first came on 57 minutes as he scored from a header from a corner. 

He then scored his second on 72 minutes as he broke through the defence to leave them no chance. The hosts did not give up though and kept looking to get back into the game but could only find a consolation in the second minute of injury time.

Taichung Futuro 2 - 1 Taiwan Sports University 

The final match of the roundup from the league comes from the south of the island in Tainan as Taichung Futuro hosted Taiwan Sports University.

In this match after a goalless first half, the home side took the lead through Ting-Yang Chen on 52 minutes. Then with just ten minutes remaining they made it 2-0 through defender Tzu-Kuei Hung. 

The Taiwan Sports University did not give up though and they picked up a late injury-time goal from Tzu-Ming Huang. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post