Shoya Nakajima & Hidemasa Morita leave the Asian Cup

Disappointment hit the Japan camp this weekend with the news Shoya Nakajima & Hidemasa Morita are being sent home after suffering injuries ruling them out of the Asian Cup. With the country forced to call up Takashi Inui and Tsukasa Shiotani as their replacements.

Not a good start 

Japan landed in the UAE only a few days ago and this was not a good start to preparations for Wednesday's opener. The four-time Asian Champions will then be praying the reinforcements can come in and help the country to glory.

This will be a bitter disappointment for Shoya Nakajima as he was hoping to show what he could do this tournament with a move to England looking likely. It would have been the midfielders first tournament with the Japan national side. Let's hope this is a minor set back and we see him back in a Japan shirt soon.

Then to Nakajima replacement Takashi Inui a player who has not played a lot of football recently. The Real Betis man has not played much football since the World Cup and in fact, as only played 90 minutes once since the summer. The 30-year-old however despite not having the best World Cup still managed two goals, one against Senegal and another in a cracking match with Belgium. This shows that the players understands how to play in tournaments and with his lack of games he will be looking to impress.

Then to Hidemasa Morita who is not such a big loss but with Kawasaki Frontale midfielder impressing recently, it is a shame we will not see him pick up his first competitive caps for Japan this month. Then once again we have seen youth being replaced with experience as Morita's replacement is 30-year-old defender Tsukasa Shiotani. The defender as just two caps for his country which both came in 2014, although he's not had to travel far to join the team as he plays his club football in the UAE with Al Ain.

Last minute preparation going well 

Away from the injuries, Japan won 3-0 on Saturday in the UAE. This was in a final warm-up match against UAE club side Al Wahda. This match was played behind closed doors and had 35-minute halves. 

This is all the information that we have on this match as only the result was told to the press. Now then with a few days left to Japan's opening match, they will hope the injury blows do not get in the way of a successful tournament. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post