FC Seoul stay in the K League 1


A terrible season for FC Seoul ended this weekend with some joy as it was confirmed they will remain in the K League 1 after they defeated Busan I'Park over two legs in the K League 1 playoff. The victory looked all but confirmed for FC Seoul after a 3-1 win in the first leg but they made hard work of it and sealed the win when they scored to make it 4-2 on aggregate in the 94th minute. 

Busan impressive in defeat 

The match ended in a 1-1 draw in the second leg of the playoff in the Korean capital at the Seoul World Cup Stadium. Despite a very spirited performance from Busan over the two legs, the result meant they will remain in the K League 2 while Seoul keeps their place in the top flight of Korean football.

The game did, however, start well for the away side as Kim Jin-Gyu gave them hope of overcoming the two-goal deficit when he scored on 33 minutes. The goal might not have been a worldie like in the first leg for Busan but it was a well-taken goal from close range after a RĂ´mulo cross.

In the second half, Busan was unable however to add to the lead and took a sucker punch right at the end when Park Chu-Young scored in the fourth minute of injury time. The goal came as the away side pushed everyone forward in search of the goal to take the game to extra time. This resulted in Park scoring from around 45 yards as the Busan goalkeeper Koo Sang-Min attempted a tackle almost on the halfway line leaving the goal empty.

FC Seoul player caught drink driving

In other news for FC Seoul, their midfielder Lee Sang-Ho is set to face action from the K League and the police after being caught drink driving. The seriousness of this charge could be tougher as the player tried to hide this from K League authorities.

As a short statement from the league read "The K League disciplinary committee will soon convene a meeting to discuss the penalty against Lee".

These charges relate to a drink driving offence that occurred back in September so are slightly overdue. The charge he received from the police in relation to this was a four-month suspended prison sentence for two years.

It is unclear if the player will then play again for FC Seoul as he has not featured for the side since the 6th October. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post